Gstreamer hardware decoder not working in android 5.0

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Jan 21 03:30:45 PST 2015

That code should in theory just work as is. load_java_module(NULL) would
use whatever the app has currently loaded (i.e. ART on >=5.0).

The other part is only a fallback if we need to start our own VM, which
is only really relevant if you don't have a normal Android app but
playing around with a rooted device on the commandline.