could you explain about scheduling query?

HoonHee Lee hoonh83.lee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:38:19 PST 2015

Decoder element demands to know about scheduling flags such as
bandwidthlimited is enabled or not.

In our product environment, our decoder element which uses H/W resources
wants
to know in playbin pipeline that it is streaming case or not.
Our approach is that to use a scheduling query likes uridecodebin for
deploying
typefind and Q2.
But, we encountered a problem that scheduling query is not forwarding to a
source element such as souphttpsrc.
We reviewed the log and found out that baseparse and multiqueue are not
forwarding it to a peerpad because of 'gst_pad_query_default' handler with
GST_PAD_FALG_PROXY_SCHEDULING.

0:00:00.690352917  2581 0x7280a6f0 DEBUG               GST_PADS
gstpad.c:3028:gst_pad_query_default:<multiqueue0:src_1> not forwarding
0x71e0df20 (scheduling) query
0:00:00.896709625  2581 0x71e0e000 DEBUG               GST_PADS
gstpad.c:3028:gst_pad_query_default:<h264parse0:src> not forwarding
0x713080f0
(scheduling) query