qt-gstreamer build failures on OS X (QTGLIB_EXPORT undefined)

Hannes Weisbach hannes.weisbach at tu-dresden.de
Sun Jul 5 03:45:18 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I'm trying to incorporate qt-gstreamer into the brew packet manager
for OS X.  Unfortunately, I ran into a problem.  It seems, that on
some systems QTGLIB_EXPORT is undefined.

I tried to look into it and someone reported, that neither
QtGLib_EXPORTS nor Qt5GLib_EXPORTS is defined by CMake for him.  Given
<qt-gstreamer-src-dir>/src/QGlib/global.h, I don't see how that could
be the cause of QTGLIB_EXPORT not being defined, but it sure looks
related.

Anyway I could not find where or how QtGLib_EXPORTS or Qt5GLib_EXPORTS
is added as preprocessor define in CMake, so that either of them
appears in
<qt-gstreamer-build-dir>/src/QGlib/CMakeFiles/Qt5GLib.dir/flags.make.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: I have not opened a bug report because for me, locally,
qt-gstreamer builds both with the brew packet manager as well as from
git source just fine.