rtsp vaapiparse_h264 not being used

Víctor M. Jáquez L. vjaquez at igalia.com
Tue Jul 7 02:39:11 PDT 2015

On 07/06/15 at 02:50pm, Spruyt, Randy wrote:
> I think you are correct, this may be a function of the vaapi capability on
> certain processors. On an ivybridge i7, we see this, but on 2 haswell
> devices, we do not. Perhaps this is simply not supported on gen 3
> processors. Not a big deal, but perhaps someone from the vaapi dev team
> could verify?

You can see what profiles your hardware supports with vainfo

For example, in my Haswell hardware:

$ jhbuild run vainfo | grep -i base
libva info: VA-API version 0.38.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /opt/gnome/jh/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_38
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointVLD

vmjl