Forcing Latency Calculations?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 09:16:59 PDT 2015

I am writing a videowall application that tries to display videos
simultaneously on several monitors at once. I've recently realized that one
of my issues is that my stream is not live, and the sinks each think they
are alone, so they never calculate latency.

Since all of the sinks are at the ends of processing chains with various
amounts of work, I would like to somehow force a global latency calculation
so that the sinks with less work will delay so as to be on the same footing
as the slower ones.

Is there some way to do this from the pipeline? From what I've read in the
manual is looks like latency calculations are always initiated by the
sinks, and in my case they aren't doing that.  (if it matters, the sinks
are *usually* xvimagesinks)

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.