How to slow down a stream?

Krzysztof Czarnecki czarnecki.krzysiek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 06:19:47 PDT 2015

Dear developers,

I work on my own project called gROJ - DSP based upon GStreamer. You can
find it here: http://git.eti.pg.gda.pl/gROJ/

I have a following problem. When some plugin is slower than incoming stream
and all incoming frames are stored in internal gstreamer's buffers, I have
a large memory in use. If a process works long time, I have ''out of
memory'' in my computer. What is the best way to send information to
previous plugins and slow down the entire process. And how can I check the
internal buffers. I dont want to drop any frames, because continuity is
important in DSP.

By the way, In my opinion the Gstreamer can be useful also for digital
signal processing (DSP) not only for multimedia processing. Maybe my
project will be interesting for you.

Thanks in advance
Krzysztof