Gstreamer camera open problems on Android 5.1.1

Luka Hranjec lhranjec1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 08:38:32 PDT 2015

Hello good people!
I have problem opening camera with video4linux camera driver on my Nexus 5, Android version 5.1.1 (cynogenmod, rooted). Identical code was working on the same phone with Android 4.4.Here are relevant log messages:
 I/GStreamer﹕ GStreamer initialization complete
 D/gstreamer﹕ Start: video-source Started!
 D/camera﹕ Init camera()
 D/camera﹕ ERROR: element: AV Pipeline: Cannot identify device '/dev/video0'. quitting
 D/camera﹕ FINISH: quitting
 E/GLib+GLib﹕ g_main_loop_quit: assertion 'loop != NULL' failed
Cannot identify device? What does that mean?Also I noticed I am unable to change permissions for the camera device, because it is in use by mm-qcamera-deamon, it don't know if it's related to the problem.
Thoughts, anyone?
Thanks,Luka