Gstreamer camera open problems on Android 5.1.1

Luka Hranjec lhranjec1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 10:25:03 PDT 2015

Thanks for pointing it out.I also think that it's a problem related to open() or similar.
1.) But why was it working on Android 4.4 nevertheless, is it due to changes in API?
2.) How do I acquire camera data from Android API and pass it to gstreamer pipeline?
Thanks,Luka

     On Sunday, July 19, 2015 7:16 PM, Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com> wrote:

 Le dimanche 19 juillet 2015 à 15:38 +0000, Luka Hranjec a écrit :
>  I/GStreamer﹕ GStreamer initialization complete
>  D/gstreamer﹕ Start: video-source Started!
>  D/camera﹕ Init camera()
>  D/camera﹕ ERROR: element: AV Pipeline: Cannot identify device
> '/dev/video0'. quitting
>  D/camera﹕ FINISH: quitting
>  E/GLib+GLib﹕ g_main_loop_quit: assertion 'loop != NULL' failed
>
> Cannot identify device? What does that mean?
> Also I noticed I am unable to change permissions for the camera
> device, because it is in use by mm-qcamera-deamon, it don't know if
> it's related to the problem.

It means nothing, just a random error message. What is most likely
happening is that "open" failed. And what is even more likely is
permission denied, or busy. On Android, you should use Android API.
Opening V4L2 device directly is not part of the public API. There is
pending patches (that requires some work) to do so in GStreamer.

Nicolas