Passing my own metadata

Dimitrios Katsaros patcherwork at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:18:26 PDT 2015

The idea around tags is to limit metadata to elements that are relevant to
that metadata type. Classes usually have a transform_meta function that
checks the tags of the received metadata and checks if it contains the
expected tags for the given metadata type. If the metadata does not contain
the target tags it is usually dropped. In the case of GstVideoFilter the
transform metadata function checks if the metadata contains only the tag
"video". If not found, it then defaults to the Base transform_meta function
which expects the metadata tags to be empty. So in your case, you could
either leave the tags empty or set it to "video".