test videoscale methods

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Jul 22 19:32:53 PDT 2015

Le jeudi 23 juillet 2015 à 00:14 +0200, Alejandro Vázquez a écrit :
> I have to use videoscale for play a video-streaming. I want to try
> different methods to see which is best.
> Is there any way to check the frame per second and CPU load?

Check the frame per second, use fpsdisplaysink. Add sync=0, to check
how fast it can go (for non live source).

For CPU, there is obviously top and htop, if you need to dig further I
suggest "perf top". These are all Linux specific, but I believe you
want to test the CPU, not the OS.

> Is there any way of knowing, at runtime, if the videoscale is
> escalating?

What do you mean with escalating ?

Nicolas