Passing structure with GstTags ?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri Jul 24 01:41:50 PDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-07-24 at 01:25 -0700, Deven wrote:

Hi,

> I want to register a GstTag containing a structure in order to send some
> metadatas through elements.
> It's easy to register GstTag with gint or string using gst_tag_register...
> But do you think it's possible to do that with a custom type ?

When you say 'a structure' you mean a C structure, not a GstStructure,
right?

You should be able to do this by registering a so-called "boxed type"
for your structure (with a copy/free function), and then registering the
tag with that boxed type.

You'll also want to register a serialize/deserialize/compare function
for your type with gst_value_register().

 Cheers
  -Tim