The best way to have persistent GstGLContext ?

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 05:04:39 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 28/07/15 05:23, ionutneicu wrote:
> I want to create an external GstGLContext based on specific EGLDisplay,
> EGLWindow, EGLSurface, inject in pipeline when GST_MESSAGE_NEED_CONTEXT
> received on bus and preserve it across different pipeline playbacks.
>
> Is there any sample for this or what would be the best way to achieve this.
> ? I'm using Raspberry PI, gst-omx and glimagesink.

So there is currently no sample available for doing this although you
may be able to do what you want with the GstGLDisplay::create-context
signal.  GstContext (which includes GST_MESSAGE_NEED_CONTEXT) is only
used for pipeline global state like the window system display
connection, or a GL context to share with the internal GL context/s.

You'll probably also need to create a custom GstGLWindow that does what
you want as well and set that on the GstGLContext you return from
GstGLDisplay::create-context. Look at the current implementations for
inspiration.

-Matt