Find out at runtime if videoscale is actually scaling

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Jul 28 08:28:15 PDT 2015

Le mardi 28 juillet 2015 à 16:32 +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia a
écrit :
> Thank you. At what point in time can I consider that the negotiation
> is complete and thus it is "safe" to check the caps ?

There is multiple options. I would probably try and watch for
notify::caps (See GObject notify signal for details) on the srcpad. As
this is a single threaded element, I believe it will be safe to get
caps on both when caps is set on the second (output, or srcpad).

Nicolas