reading, parsing and outputting a TS file synchronously ?

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 17:26:02 PDT 2015

Hi.

I was expecting that I could read, parse and output a TS file synchronously
using a pipeline like this:

  gst-launch-1.0  filesrc location=../Downloads/OC3.demo.ts  ! queue  !
tsparse ! fakesink sync=1

but what I see is that the pipeline reads the file, parse it and send it to
the fakesink as fast as the hardware supports. That is, it does not decode
the timestamps in the PES header and send it out synchrosnously although
the sync flag has been set.

Obviously fakesink is to be replaced by something else like a filesink to a
pipe or a udpsink or .....

What is the correct way for GStreamer to playout a TS file synchronously
without having to decode and re-encode it? The module decodebin can
obviously decode it synchronously.

The ts testfile is available from Opencaster a

http://www.avalpa.com/assets/video/OC3.demo.ts

Best regards
Peter MM