gestreamer usage question about combining videomixer and gstrtpbin

Mikael Kermorgant mikael.kermorgant at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:46:49 PDT 2015

Hello,

Sorry for being a little offtopic but I'm working on our streaming setup
(course capture and streaming with matterhorn and wowza), and I'm a bit
lost with gstreamer, and found no other place to ask.

I'm trying to combine 2 video sources (/dev/screen (vga2usb framegrabber)
and /dev/video0 (camera composite input)) in a matrix, which I would then
stream to our wowza server with RTP. Sound should also be streamed.

So far, I've found a way to only send only camera and sound, with this
pipeline :

DEST=192.168.10.10
VDEVICE=/dev/video0
VELEM="v4l2src device=$VDEVICE"
#VELEM="videotestsrc is-live=1"
VCAPS="video/x-raw-yuv,width=$WRES,height=$HRES,framerate=$FPS/1"
VSOURCE="$VELEM ! video/x-raw-rgb  ! ffmpegcolorspace"
VENC="x264enc tune=zerolatency byte-stream=true bitrate=$BITRATE"

VRTPSINK="udpsink port=5002 host=$DEST ts-offset=$VOFFSET name=vrtpsink"
VRTCPSINK="udpsink port=5003 host=$DEST sync=false async=false
name=vrtcpsink"
VRTCPSRC="udpsrc port=5003 name=vrtpsrc"

AELEM="alsasrc device=hw:1"
#AELEM="audiotestsrc is-live=1"
ASOURCE="$AELEM ! queue ! audioresample ! audioconvert"
AENC="faac ! rtpmp4apay"

ARTPSINK="udpsink port=5000 host=$DEST ts-offset=$AOFFSET name=artpsink"
ARTCPSINK="udpsink port=5001 host=$DEST sync=false async=false
name=artcpsink"
ARTCPSRC="udpsrc port=5001 name=artpsrc"

gst-launch -v gstrtpbin name=rtpbin \
        $VSOURCE ! $VENC ! rtph264pay ! rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_0
      \
                rtpbin.send_rtp_src_0 ! $VRTPSINK
              \
                rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 ! $VRTCPSINK
              \
            $VRTCPSRC ! rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0
              \
        $ASOURCE ! $AENC ! rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_1
              \
        rtpbin.send_rtp_src_1 ! $ARTPSINK
              \
        rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_1 ! $ARTCPSINK
              \
      $ARTCPSRC ! rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_1

I've seen a lot of examples for doing my picture in picture matrix,
involving videomixer, but I just can't find my way to do that while sending
the result via rtp.

Would anyone have a suggestion ?

Best regards

--