How to perform a playback rate change using appsrc plugin ??

Subodh Chiwate subodh.chiwate at ufomoviez.com
Fri Jun 5 06:24:37 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am using th e following pipeline to perform a Elementary stream
playback using gstreamer (1.2.2)
PFA the code for reference of data flow.
appsrc -> h264parse -> decoder -> sink.

# I want to change the rate of playback as shown in the SDK example.
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Basic+tutorial+13%3A+Playback+speed
# When I use the mp4 file, the qtdemux is able to generate the segment
event needed to change the rate.
     I saw that from debug logs.
# But When I use appsrc + h264parse the video just pauses momentarily on
trigger and continues to play back at the rate of 1.x.
# I do not intend to drop frames hence not using videorate plugin.

Do I need to send the segment event explicitly downstream from the
appsrc seek-data callback ??
Please guide me handling the rate change event in case of appsrc and
elementary stream.
Thanks.

--
Regards,
Subodh

-- **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. UFOMoviez India Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. UFOMoviez India Ltd. reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the UFOMoviez India Ltd.'s e-mail system. ***************** End of Disclaimer *******************