How Gstreamer stores data (images) in guint

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Jun 8 10:59:18 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-06-08 at 18:39 +0100, Hamdi Rakkez wrote:

> Thanks but not literary as ordered in memory but how Gstreamer stores
> it in data containers such guint8 or others.

GStreamer can store image data in a number of different ways: different
color spaces (RGB, YUV, ...), pixel layouts (I420, YUY2, RGBx, xRGB,
RGB, BGR, etc.). How the data is layed out in memory (guint8) depends on
the pixel format and whether it is planar or packed or semi-planar or
complex, or ...

In the case of format=RGB it would be:

 RGBRGBRGB...

In the case of format=RGBx it would be:

 RGBxRGBxRGBx...

"Stored in guint8" = as ordered in memory really.

 Cheers
  -Tim