Custom Events and Flushing Pads.

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 12:38:17 PDT 2015

I have a custom event that is generated asynchronously by external
conditions, and which needs to be fed into the top level of my pipeline and
propagated to some of my pipeline elements.

The problem is that the event is ALWAYS relevant, and I need all of my
custom elements to see the event, even if the pipeline is in the flushing
state.

There must be some way to propagate an OOB event so that its not discarded
while the pipeline is flushing (or else the flush-stop event could never
get through...) but I haven't been able to figure one out.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.