RTSP-Server: Can't get multiple streams per URI to work

Martin Scheffler martinscheffler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 01:29:29 PDT 2015

I did some more digging and it seems rtspsrc does not allow specifying a
control URL for choosing a specific stream in an RTSP aggregate.
rtspsrc simply instructs the rtsp server to start playing all streams in
the aggregate (by using the aggregate URL instead of a stream URL) and
creates a dynamic pad for each stream.
I can pick the correct stream I want by reacting to the pad-added signal to
link the streams that I want.

This is probably ok in a situation where am aggregate consists of a  video
and one or two languages. But I have a situation where an
aggregate consists of dozens of audio streams and it  would be too wasteful
to transmiot them all when only a subset is needed.

Could we add a way to specify which streams are played in an aggregate?

Thank you!
Cheers,
Martin