HelloWorld example doesn't work

yo fuyacho_takatsuji at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Jun 12 02:50:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have just started gstreamer program and am having trouble now.
"Chapter 10. Your first application" in the doc:"GStreamer Application
Development Manual (1.5.1)", there is "helloworld" example, I think I
installed gstreamer1.4.5 with "base" and good "plugin" then tried this
example. Compilation gave no error and when I invoke it, I got the error
message as

"One element could not be created. Exiting"

for oggdemux, vorbisdec and autoaudiosink.

i am sure "gst_element_factory_make" couldn't make these element probably
because some plugins for these elements are missing, not sure...

Would anybody tell how to debug the problem?

Thanks,
Yo