convert wmv to ogv

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Jun 18 19:44:59 PDT 2015

Le jeudi 18 juin 2015 à 21:53 -0400, Jerry Geis a écrit :
> However, I wish to use the fluwmvdec and decode/convert this file. I
> am trying to learn how all this pipe stuff works,
> thought I had a good example that I found, tried it and its not
> working.
> Would greatly appreciated the correct pipeline to convert the wmv to
> ogv.

I'm not sure why you wanted to do this manually, but anyway. Here's a
pipeline that fits the media you have chosen. I have no idea about
fluvmcdec, so I have used avdec_wmv3, you may try and replace it.

gst-launch-1.0  \
  filesrc location=Amazon_1080.wmv ! asfdemux name=demux \
  demux. ! queue ! avdec_wmv3 ! theoraenc ! mux. \
  demux. ! queue ! avdec_wmapro ! vorbisenc ! mux. \
  oggmux name=mux ! filesink location=test.ogg

Obviously you will have to rewrite this pipeline for each media. A more
generic pipeline would be:

gst-launch-1.0  \
  filesrc location=Amazon_1080.wmv ! decodebin name=dec \
  dec. ! video/x-raw ! queue ! theoraenc ! mux. \
  dec. ! audio/x-raw ! queue ! vorbisenc ! mux. \
  oggmux name=mux ! filesink location=test.ogg

If fluwmvdec is a fit for the task and is ranked high enough, decodebin
bin will pick it automatically. All you have to care is to make sure it
is installed.

Nicolas