TSSim - Simulation framework for MPEG or DVB transport streams

Andreas Gocht agocht at digisoft.tv
Fri Jun 19 03:44:51 PDT 2015

Hey there

We've developed a small simulation framework using SystemC to allow
simulation of MPEG or DVB transport stream decoding.
It is able to simulate the complete chain: receive -> demultiplex ->
decode -> display (both for audio and/or video) and can be used to
e.g. simulate behaviour based on bitrate or buffering behaviour etc.

We decided to publish the framework and a basic 'ideal' pipeline
(ideal as per MPEG-2 specs) as Open Source under the MIT license.

You can find the framework in our GitHub repository:
https://github.com/Digisoft-tv/TSSim

Any feedback welcome!

Andreas