convert wmv to ogv

Mark Howell mark-sub1 at hypgnosys.org
Fri Jun 19 20:03:45 PDT 2015

On 06/18/2015 10:59 AM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am trying this pipeline to convert wmv to ogv.
>
> gst-launch filesrc location=../trailer_videos/Amazon_1080.wmv !
>                 decodebin ! name=demux ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> theoraenc !
>                 oggmux name=mux ! filesink location=../Amazon.ogv
>  demux. ! queue ! progressreport !
>                 audioconvert ! audioresample ! vorbisenc ! mux.

[snip]

FWIW your original pipeline above worked fine for me with gstreamer
0.10, and with slight mods (videoconvert instead of ffmpegcolorspace)
also in gstreamer-1.0, using packages provided by Ubuntu Trusty. So I
suspect there's something going on with your particular install and
collection of elements.

I tested with a source wmv file by the same name that I found online,
with md5sum e326c01834fd88a71763d6a961b9237c.

Cheers,

Mark.