How do I use a 90KHz input device clock?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:58:31 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Josh Doe <josh at joshdoe.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:08 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am working on writing a src plugin for the Euresys Picolo H.264 cards:
> > http://www.euresys.com/Products/picolo/PicoloH264series.asp
> > which has an on-board 90KHz clock.
>
> I've created a source for Euresys' Picolo/Domino/Grablink cards, and
> have the same card as you but haven't gotten to making a plugin for it
> yet. You can see my plugins here:
> https://github.com/joshdoe/gst-plugins-vision
>
> I hope you might consider contributing your plugin to -bad or failing
> that perhaps gst-plugins-vision.
>
> Thanks,
> -Josh
>
> Hi Josh,

As far as I know, the plan is to submit this to the gstreamer project once
I get it working.  This being my first-ever attempt at writing a GStreamer
plugin, it is taking me a while to grasp how the pieces fit together, but
hopefully it will fall into place soon.

I actually have it almost working -- I seem to be able to capture from up
to 9 inputs for a full day.  However, if I start capturing from 10 or more,
the audio stops being "well" interleaved with the video.  Instead of
something like:
 video,video,video,video,AUDIO,video,video,video,video,AUDIO,video,video,video,video,AUDIO,video,video,video,video,AUDIO
After an hour or so it will start doing
 video,video,video,video,video,video,video,video,AUDIO,AUDIO,video,video,video,video,video,video,video,video,AUDIO,AUDIO

I have also noticed that some of the video buffers from the Picolo H.264
are empty.  Reading the Euresys code that is not supposed to happen -- it
is supposed to block until data is available.

I don't know if these are Picolo H.264 hardware issues, or if I still don't
have the clock or something right in gstreamer.  I also don't know if it
really has anything to do with how many inputs I am using, or if it is just
luck.

John