Is audio decoding through gst-libav possible?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 02:09:48 PST 2015

On 03/03/15 11:45, Tim Müller wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-03-03 at 11:23 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>
>> I'm actually trying to have it behave correctly, that's I want this. The
>> uncompressed WAV audio decoder on Windows just hangs. Works fine on
>> Linux only. So now I'm trying to have everything handled by libav.
>
> What format/decoder is that exactly? Is there a bug about it already?

I'll need to investigate that myself first. I'll gather the details and
then file a bug about it. It's just that I'm trying to make this work
for now. Then it occurred to me that having libav handle everything
would allow me to distribute only a small part of gstreamer with the
application, and that would cut down on code size.

I'm still discovering all that stuff, so please excuse any dumb sounding
questions or assumptions :-)