Gstreamer with h264 annex b

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Mar 8 00:42:27 PST 2015

On Sa, 2015-03-07 at 23:02 -0800, sivan wrote:
> I wrote the code that uses the VideoToolBox to decode h264 frames
>
> My problem is that with RTP I can receive sliced frames in different
> packets, so now I need to add code that handles that option - of sliced
> frames received in different packets
>
> I suppose that the gstreamer 1.5 for iOS handles that. is that so ?

Take a look at the code:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/sys/applemedia/vtdec.c

The decoder requires AVC stream-format (so not byte-stream), and AU
alignment (i.e. one frame per buffer). Other stream formats and
alignments are converted to this one by rtph264depay and h264parse if
required.