videorate element with variable framerate

truthz03 thomas.tr at gmx.net
Tue Mar 10 12:13:33 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have a problem with my appsrc. The data I push to the appsrc has a
variable framerate and therefore I use the "do-timestamp" flag. The problem
is that I need a fixed framerate at the sink element.
For this reason I tried to link the videorate element before the sink.
If I do that I always get the following error: "A lot of buffers are
dropped." "There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too
slow."
Did I something wrong or does the videorate element not support variable
framerate?

Thanks
Thomas