Missing .so when packaging with cerbero

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:48:10 PDT 2015

> Oh ok, you learned me a thing!
>
> I'm writing a plugin for an application, for sending RTP payload to
> GStreamer, and my plugin is not found. In fact, the application searches the
> plugins as .so files in a folder, and as i understand, this is not the
> common practice. So, i will add my .so symlink in the recipe.
>
> Thanks for your response!

For plugins it's different than for libraires, they are usually built
as "modules" instead of "libraries" and they do use the .so extension
in Linux (without versionning compared to libraries). Libtool takes
care of everything with the -module flags:
(http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/html_node/Building-modules.html)

Your recipe must list the plugin/module using the full path and you
can take advtange of the "mext" extension that will choose the correct
extension dependending on your target operating system. As an example
you can take a look at the gstreamer recipes:
files_plugins_core = ['lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstcoreelements%(mext)s']

On linux this will resolve to lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstcoreelements.so.

Andoni

> Olivier
>

> --

Andoni Morales Alastruey