FileSink time problem

Engin Firat engin.firat at adonissyazilim.com
Mon Mar 16 09:57:35 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I am using pad-probes to disconnect a filesink from a pipeline and creating
a new one with a different location parameter to record a stream to
different files for consequetive periods. The technique works well but
there is a problem: The first written file's time information is true but
the other ones have the wrong file names.

For example, assume we are recording files for 1 minute periods and for
every 1 minute a filesink is being recreated and location parameter is set
appropriately. Running this scenario for 5 minutes we obtain the following
recorded files:
01.mkv, 02.mkv, 03.mkv, 04.mkv 05.mkv

When I open these files with a video player (ie. mplayer) 01.mkv has the
correct time information but the others do not. The wrong files have the
correct duration (a 1 minute duration file) but when they are opened the
files are not beginning from 00:00  but from a different time location. For
example, in this case, 02.mkv starts from 01:00, 03.mkv start from 02:00,
etc.

It seems that, I need to reset the time of the pipeline or reset the time
of the filesink?

How can one solve this problem?
Regards.

--