Getting frame from rtspsrc

maxilase zenos_22 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:27:30 PDT 2015

Okay, I finally solved my problem.

I will share the solution here if that may help other people:

Qt is by default using formatted Qimages which are 32b/line.
This topics helped me
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5516574/qpixmapfromimage-gives-segmentation-fault-in-qx11pixmapdata>

As I was doing local pipeline, the caps negociation was automated (I was
unsing RGB32 (so 32b/line format) and 640x480 resolution) the pipeline know
the source, automated caps negociation were doing their job.

Here with distance source, the automated caps negociation seems more tricky
because the distance source ignore what you appsink wants (even adding
videoconvert won't help) so basically I had to explicitely write the caps of
my source and make they fit my appsink (width, height and color format).

The problem was pretty simple and not Gstreamer's fault... more of the Qt
library which will juste crash the program each time the size of your image
didn't fit your raw data.