Video data detection / adding null video data on audio only stream

Shishir Pokharel Shishir.Pokharel at on24.com
Mon Mar 16 13:19:52 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to detect a video data from a rtmp stream , when it  switch to audio only stream dynamically and vice-versa. There is no issue on my pipeline if rtmp stream has both audio and video stream. But if the stream was started as an audio and video stream but later  changed to audio only stream on the source, my  pipeline breaks.  I would like to have a logic - where if there is only audio data on  rtmp a/v stream to add a null video data and send it downstream on same pipeline.

Do we have any plugins in gstreamer that I can use to accomplish it or I have to write my own plugin. If I have to write my own plugin could someone give me links for references.

Thanks in advance !

Shishir