Usage of h264parse

Duncan Palmer dpalmer at digisoft.tv
Mon Mar 16 16:38:39 PDT 2015

Hi Gokul,

Someone else could probably give a more comprehensive answer, but from my
perspective, h264parse does the following:
- Handles stream format conversion.
- Handles alignment conversion.
- Implements  periodic SPS/PPS insertion via the config-interval property.
I use this to ensure seeking works correctly in some circumstances.

You don't necessarily need to have it in your pipeline, but if you have a
variety of source content, or you don't have a say in how the source
content is created, then you probably want it in your pipeline.

Dunk