IMX Scaler / CSC m2m driver.

Ian Molton imolton at ad-holdings.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 08:12:16 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

Apologies if this duplicates some emails I've sent earlier today, but I'm attempting
to revisit this whole topic and getting nowhere. I've spent all day looking up the
latest versions of things and reading old email threads.

So,

1) Whos actually working on this now? I know Philipp Zabel is.
2) Does anyone have something working?
3) How on earth are you guys testing this stuff? gstreamer doesn't work
    (I built git as of today).
4) Is there a plan for getting something merged into linux and gstreamer
    so that mainline "just works" ?

I presume there should be a fairly simple test whereby I can open the device, set
some flags, give it a buffer, and see what comes out. I can probably figure all the
steps out, but if you guys have working code, you must have something like this
already.

Presumably, gstreamers multi-file sink can produce a frame of YUV, that I
can feed to the m2m driver? but how would I render the output it produces? what
tools exist for this stuff?

I presume that something like this:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location= /home/ian/Downloads/big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! queue ! v4l2video3dec ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,format=RGB,width=256,height=190 ! videoconvert ! ximagesink sync=false

*should* work, but it doesnt, and gstreamer produces a HUGE amount of debug that I
don't really know what to do with if I set GST_DEBUG=4.

Is there a less blunderbus-sy debug method I can use for this?

-Ian