VASurface to OpengGL Texture and other questions

Jorge Fernandez Monteagudo jorgefm at cirsa.com
Wed Mar 18 01:46:00 PDT 2015

Hi Arnaud!

I've tested the same pipelines in a debian 8 RC1 with gstreamer 1.4.4 and
gstreamer-vaapi-0.5.9 with a AMD Radeon R4 kaveri and radeon opensource
drivers.

The vaapidecode / vaapisink is working ok too and the vaapidecode / glimagesink
pipeline is not SIGSEGV but is displaying a static garbage output.

I'll take a look to the OpenGL sharing links! And yes, it will be very useful for newbies
to have basic tutorials like a simple video player using hardware resources, at least
on x86 platforms, because there are a lot of details to take into account, and a lot
of questions will be auto answered, IMHO

Regards,
Jorge