How to handle EOS from an appsrc to ensure all frames are played out before pipeline closes?

Subodh Chiwate subodh.chiwate at ufomoviez.com
Thu Mar 19 23:57:47 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I am using the following pipeline in Gstreamer 1.2.3 on Freescale IMX6Q
board. But have noticed similar behavior on the x86 desktops as well.
Hence providing the basic pipeline structure.

[Local Media] - [Data Processing] - [AppSrc] --> [Parser] --> [Decoder]
--> [Sink]

I need to use large buffers in appsrc to ensure my processing benefits
from the head start, but I suspect that while EOS
the data in buffers might get flushed without being rendered.

Referring to the sample appsrc (
gst-plugins-base-1.2.3/tests/examples/app/appsrc-seekable.c )
application from source tar ball, I raise an EOS event from the appsrc
"need-data" callback when I run out of data.
The bus Handler exits gmain_loop.

How do I ensure that all the data still in the intermediate buffers is
played correctly before pipeline quits.
Is there any signal/condition I can wait on after getting the EOS before
I can set the pipeline state to NULL.
Please let me know in case I missed something already mentioned in the
Manual or PWG.
Thanks.

--
Regards,
Subodh

-- **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. UFOMoviez India Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. UFOMoviez India Ltd. reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the UFOMoviez India Ltd.'s e-mail system. ***************** End of Disclaimer *******************