IMX Scaler / CSC m2m driver.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Mar 20 08:53:07 PDT 2015

Le 03/20/2015 11:40 AM, Ian Molton a écrit :
> I'll keep looking at this too. should userptr give a big performance hike?
>
> whats the difference between the various modes? (am I missing some
> documentation?) [userptr, dmabuf{,-*} etc.]

It matches the V4L2 buffer types. Exception for DMABUF which is a
special case of MMAP where we call EXPBUFS and map from the dmabuf FD
instead of doing mmap.

So:

MMAP: Fixed size pool provided by the HW, mmap(dev_fd, offset)
DMABUF: Fixed size pool provided by the HW, mmap(dma_fd, 0)
USERPTR: Buffer from elsewhere (usually another driver in MMAP)
DMABUF-IMPORT: DMABUF from elsewhere

Nicolas