GStreamer registry cache

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Mar 24 05:33:58 PDT 2015

Le mardi 24 mars 2015 à 09:47 +0100, Víctor M. Jáquez L. a écrit :
> I guess that simply running a gst-inspect-1.0 "at factory" and always
> setting
> the GST_REGISTRY_UPDATE system-wide, would be the answer.

Not fully sufficient, but close. A "no patch solution" is to indeed
generate a cache file in post install scripts. Any application that
calls gst_init() will do, gst-inspect-1.0 is a way of course. So
something like:

# Global env
GST_REGISTRY=/usr/share/gstreamer-1.0/registry.$(uname -m).bin
GST_REGISTRY_UPDATE=no

# In post install scripts (env must be set)
gst_inspect-1.0 > /dev/null

Nicolas