[gst-1.0] Make videomixer mix raw frames without timing infromation

Arjen Veenhuizen arjen.veenhuizen at tno.nl
Wed Mar 25 02:05:53 PDT 2015

Hi,

In Gst-0.10, the videomixer element mixes frames as they arrive while
disregarding any timing information. The Gst-0.10 videomixer2 element can be
used if timing information was relevant. In Gst-1.0 (GIT head), the
videomixer element behaves like the videomixer2 element in Gst-0.10.

I am mixing multiple raw YUV420p streams (using a filesrc-es with proper
capsfilters directly linked to the videomixer) with no timing information
whatsoever on each frame. Is there a way to force the Gst-1.0 videomixer
element to disregard timing information? For now I am timestamping each
buffer in each videomixer sink pad manually, but this yields a small
performance penalty and causes more serious infrequent pipeline stalls.

Note that the Gst-1.0 videomixer will crash when mixing a raw yuv stream
from filesrc without do-timestamp=true, e.g.