Can't use autovideosink for gstreamer on raspberry pi

Mart Raudsepp leio at gentoo.org
Sat Mar 28 00:35:36 PDT 2015

On R, 2015-03-27 at 21:16 -0700, nguahoang wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> My name is Hoang, I have a problem with video sink for gstreamer1.0 on
> raspberry pi mode B.
> I run this command:
>
> <  gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc uri=udp://192.168.0.103:5002
> caps="application/x-rtp, clock-rate=90000, payload=96"  ! rtpjitterbuffer
> latency=500 ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! autovideosink sync=false  >
>
> on raspberry and I get error:
>
> <
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
> WARNING: from element
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0: Could not initialise
> Xv output
> Additional debug info:
> xvimagesink.c(1768): gst_xvimagesink_open ():
> /GstXvImageSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-xvimage:
> Could not open display (null)
> >

> I searched about x11 but I can't resolve. I run xvinfo, and I get: <
> xvinfo:  Unable to open display  >
> Please help me resolve this problem. Can I use another video sink? Or how to
> I run x11 on raspberry pi?

There is no XVideo on Raspberry Pi. At least not with the current
software. You want to have glimagesink; or eglglessink with older
gstreamer stack - but then you probably want to upgrade gstreamer stack.

With certain patches (as included in Raspbian RPi Foundation version,
but not yet upstream) ximagesink might be performant enough as well, but
not zero-copy like glimagesink could be.

You also want to have gst-omx to have hardware accelerated H.264
decoding.

I am not 100% sure without testing (which I can't do immediately) if
decodebin and autovideosink would use omxh264dec and glimagesink
properly on its own as found in your pipeline, or you need to modify
that.

I would start with getting a simple H.264 from file playback working via
playbin (or gst-play-1.0) and go from there.

Cheers,
Mart