How to debug Gstreamer memory issue?

Bing Song Kevin.Song at freescale.com
Sun Mar 29 20:44:49 PDT 2015

Hi,

I met one issue when develop camera application based on camerabin.

Issue:

Below two parameters in gstvideoencoder.c will set to NULL after camerabin: capture image->video recorder->capture image.

  GstVideoCodecState *input_state;
  GstVideoCodecState *output_state;

The issue will gone after put those two parameters at the bottom of struct _GstVideoEncoderPrivate.

I tried GDB watch. But camera application can't work normally under GDB environment.

Valgrind is very slow, I think can't used to debug this kind of issue.

Can efence works on Gstreamer 1.x? Electric Fence can used to debug memory corruption.

Regards,
Song Bing.