How Can I enable seeking in a stream ?

mardmlhr mardmlhr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 00:49:30 PDT 2015

Hello guys,

I had a problem a few days ago and I made a thread but I found my answer.
But I got another problem so that's why I'm posting another one here

So I'm trying to record a live stream and be able to seek in this live
stream. I first record the stream in a MKV file, then I stream the file with
another pipeline at the same time. It worked great on my computer but now
I'm trying to do the same on a GUMSTIX OVERO FIRE board. But it doesn't
work. On my computer I can clearly see in my custom program (that I did in
C) that "Seeking is enabled" (I used Gstreamer official tutorial for time
management) but on the board the same program indicates that "Seeking is not
enabled in this stream".

I used 2 pipelines for both platforms : the "recording" pipeline and the
"streaming" pipeline, both of them are working at the same time. The
"streaming pipeline" is the same for both platforms, the only thing that
changed is for the "recording" pipeline and most of all the encoding
process.

I think that is the reason why it's not able to seek on the GUMSTIX. But is
it possible to "force" to enable the seeking ?

Here are the pipelines I'm using :

/GUMSTIX/
Record:
gst-launch -v v4l2src always-copy=FALSE !
video/x-raw-yuv,height=576,width=720,framerate=25/1 ! TIVidResize
contiguousInputFrame=TRUE ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240' !
videorate ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=15/1' ! TIVidenc1 codecName=h264enc
engineName=codecServer contiguousInputFrame=FALSE bitRate=300000
rateControlPreset=2 ! matroskamux ! filesink location=test1.mkv &

Stream:
gst-launch -v filesrc location=test1.mkv ! matroskademux name=d d. ! queue !
rtph264pay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.66 port=1234 &

/PERSONAL COMPUTER/

Record:
gst-launch -v v4l2src always-copy=FALSE !
'video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=15/1' ! ffmpegcolorspace !
x264enc byte-stream=true  ! h264parse ! matroskamux ! filesink
location=test1.mkv &

Stream:
gst-launch -v filesrc location=test1.mkv ! matroskademux name=d d. ! queue !
rtph264pay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.66 port=1234 &

Thanks for every single answer I get