64 bit iOS Simulator Issues

Bryan bryan.harris at gmail.com
Sat May 2 01:03:22 PDT 2015

Hi,

I feel like I've exhausted my searching over the last few days and I'm
hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to run the
GStreamer 1.0 iOS tutorials with the latest version of GStreamer (1.5.0).

I am building on 10.10.3 Yosemite with Xcode 6.3.1 targeting the iPhone 6
simulator.

I've tried various versions of the released iOS framework binaries, 1.2.0,
1.2.4.1, and 1.4.5. These don't have an x86_64 Headers directory so when I
build for the simulator, it fails looking for glibconfig.h.

So I set off to build the latest using Cerbero which seemed to work fine. I
used the cross ios universal and it successfully built
gstreamer-1.0-devel-1.5.0-ios-universal.pkg. So I installed it and was able
to build the tutorial. The problem is that when I click on the play button
for tutorial 3, it hangs in gst_element_set_state(pipeline,
GST_STATE_PLAYING).

I then uninstalled 1.5.0 (deleted the directory in
~/Library/Developer/GStreamer/iPhone.sdk/GStreamer.framework/Versions/) and
installed 1.4.5 and built for iPhone 5 (a 32 bit simulator) and the video
plays as expected.

Interesting. I just tried reinstalling 1.5.0 and running it on an iPhone 5
simulator and the same thing happened. Did my build not work properly or is
there an open issue regarding this? Am I doing something wrong or did I skip
a step? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

P.S. My build steps were:
cerbero -c config/cross-ios-universal.cbc bootstrap
cerbero -c config/cross-ios-universal.cbc package gstreamer-1.0