mailing list question

philippe renon philippe_renon at yahoo.fr
Sat May 2 03:24:28 PDT 2015

 Thank you Tim for the detailed answer.
I went back to digest mode, in MIME format this time.In the meantime I'll "hand craft" my answers to the post that I can't answer directly.
Philippe.

     Le Samedi 2 mai 2015 12h19, Tim Müller <tim at centricular.com> a écrit :

 On Fri, 2015-05-01 at 19:35 +0000, philippe renon wrote:

Hi Philippe,

> Up to now, I was receiving the mailing list in digest form (I have
> changed that today...).
>
> In digest mode how do you answer to a message that was not addressed
> to you (or the responder did not add you explicitly to the To or Cc
> list)?

There are two different ways/formats to receive the mailing list in
digest form: "plain" and "MIME". You can configure this in your mailman
preferences.

In plain mode you can't do what you want to do.

In MIME digest mode, you will basically get a digest overview and then
each individual message as an attachment. With a decent mail reader you
will then be able to respond to individual messages as if you had
received them directly.

 Cheers
  -Tim