Problem with gst_query_position and duration on Gstreamer

modelvincent vincent.decaux at oxytronic.fr
Wed May 6 02:22:30 PDT 2015

Hello,

I’m doing a player using Gstreamer but I have a problem with the duration
and position.

My decoding chain is for the moment made of a filesrc, a decodebin and a
nv_omx_videosink (I’m working on a Nvidia Tegra3).

The video is displayed correctly (no need for sound for the moment) but the
time is not displayed correctly.

When using the sample code of Chapter 11 of the Gstreamer Application
Developpement manual
(http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-queryevents.html),
my position is displayed with the form “Time: 1:00:00.992055703 /
4:00:03.756179818” but in fact my movie duration should be about 9 minutes,
and the position is increasing strangely, the millisecond seems to increase
correctly, but the seconds go from 0 to 5, and the hour are changing every
second from 0 to 5 and go back to 0… The duration seems to have the same
issue, even with different video format…

Is there a known bug or something perhaps depending of my platform which
could cause this issue? Is there another way to retrieve the position and
the duration in my video?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Vincent DECAUX