Restart pipeline on EOS?

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Tue May 19 06:46:25 PDT 2015

On 2015-05-19 13:20, Arnaud Loonstra wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This must be a very simple question but I can't seem to find a
> working approach
>
> I'm just playing a playlist of videofiles. When a video is finished I
> want it to play the next file.
> So on EOS I just set the pipeline to READY, set the uri property of
> the uridecodebin and set the pipeline to PLAYING.
>
> This works before the EOS event but not on EOS. It just keeps sending
> the EOS event.
>
> What's the right approach into simply looping videofiles?
>
> code is: (python)
>
> self.pipeline.set_state(Gst.State.READY)
> self.videosrc.set_property("uri", self.pls[self.count])
> self.pipeline.set_state(Gst.State.PLAYING)
>
> Rg,
>
> Arnaud

K, it seems I was causing this myself as I'm using a locked state on my
sink. I used this to prevent the window from getting closed. This seems
to be the cause of my troubles.
I can't even pause my pipeline normally when using a locked state... is
there anymore documentation out there about the setting a locked state?

For example my pipeline:

uridecodebin ! glimagesink (locked_state)

If I set the pipeline to paused it continues playing. If set it back to
playing it pauses for the duration of the paused interval. Weird...

Rg,

Arnaud