RPI 1.4.5 gst_memory_map: subclass map failed

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Wed May 20 08:03:43 PDT 2015

On 2015-05-20 14:23, Matthew Waters wrote:
> On 20/05/15 21:41, Arnaud Loonstra wrote:
>> That did help indeed, weird I didn't see any conversion in the logs.
>> just added a glcolorscale.
>>
>> I'm using debian experimental packages which I build on Raspbian.
>>
>> It's still quite slow and jittery though. Just a glimagesink is ok.
>> What could cause that?
>
> Maybe the extra render pass caused by the glshader element is too
> much
> for the GPU to handle at the frame size/rate.  Or it could be your
> specific shader.  You'll have to play around with trying different
> shaders and see how they perform.  One simple test is to replace the
> glshader with a gleffects element which unconditionally does an
> identity
> full render pass (effectively a simple passthrough glshader).
> glcolorscale on the other hand will only operate if it needs to.  If
> gleffects still performs slowly, you're hitting the hardware limits
> of
> the rpi :)

Apparently... running 1280x720 is smooth...
The gleffects can't handle full hd either, it just creates a flickering
video like stroboscope. 1280x720 is fine. The shader I'm using only sets
the fragcolor so I can do a fade:

#ifdef GL_ES
precision mediump float;
#endif
varying vec2 v_texcoord;
uniform sampler2D tex;
uniform float alpha;

void main() {
     gl_FragColor = texture2D( tex, v_texcoord ) * vec4(alpha);
}

Also fine at 1280x720.

No full hd on the RPI it is so it seems...

Rg,

Arnaud