Video Guestbook with Gstreamer on Rpi

mathieu gosselin murlock7 at yahoo.fr
Sat May 23 03:51:35 PDT 2015

Hello,

I m a newbie with gstreamer and I try to use it on a raspberry with a webcam Logitech C920. This is a project guestbook video: the goal is to record with the camera in a file (in good quality and with sound) and, in parallel, display just the image on a screen.

For now I managed to get the video on the screen but very jerky and not very clear unless I drop the resolution with the command line:
gst-launch-1.0 -e v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-h264, width=320, height=240, framerate=15/1 ! avdec_h264 ! eglglessink sync=false

I also managed to generate a record in a file (oddly the video seems a little accelerated) but without sound, with this command:
gst-launch-1.0 -e v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-h264, width=800,height=600,framerate=30/1 ! queue ! avimux ! filesink location=yop.avi

in fact impossible to operate the sound I tried with this command that I found on the net done by a guy with the same webcam. But it does not recognize "voaacenc"
gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-h264,width=1280,height=720,framerate=30/1 ! h264parse ! muxout. pulsesrc device="alsa_input.usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_696E9EDF-02-C920.analog-stereo" ! queue ! audioconvert ! voaacenc bitrate=65536 ! muxout. matroskamux name=muxout streamable=true ! filesink location=muxed-long.mp4

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "voaacenc"

for information I installed Gstreamer with these command lines :
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-tools \
  gstreamer1.0-plugins-base \
  gstreamer1.0-plugins-good \
  gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad \
  gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly

Thanks so much for the help!

I also Cam of raspberry if you think that the quality can be better but it would when I find another microphone.