Handling multiple streams

Christian Sell christian at gsvitec.com
Thu May 28 01:27:29 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I have a custom video format which consists of multiple camera recordings (with
timing info and all) that reside in one directory along with common metadata. I
already have an element that can read this format, but currently only plays one
of the recording files. Now I would like to extend functionality to playing all
available recording files at the same time (appropriately synchronized). The
application will have multiple display widgets, each backed by a video sink, and
one control area (play/stop/pause buttons) that controls all of them.

What is the recommended approach in this case?

- multiple pipelines, each playing one file
- one pipeline with multiple streams

for the multiple streams case, Id be thankful for pointers how to implement it

thanks,
Christian