GST_BUFFER_CAPS replacement in Gstreamer-1.0

Hamdi Rakkez hamdi.rakez.selotec at gmail.com
Fri May 29 04:05:57 PDT 2015

Thank You a lot.

After I sent the E-mail I have read the porting guide and I have realised
that the caps are not attached anymore to buffers.

But when I don't have PADS, how can I get the caps.

Exemple :

void get_sampling_points (GstBuffer* buf, auto_sample_points* points,
tBY8Pattern pattern)
{
    guint8 *data = (guint8*)GST_BUFFER_MAP (buf);
    GstCaps *caps = GST_BUFFER_CAPS (buf);
    GstStructure *structure = gst_caps_get_structure (caps, 0);
    gint width, height;
    g_return_if_fail (gst_structure_get_int (structure, "width", &width));
    g_return_if_fail (gst_structure_get_int (structure, "height", &height));
    ..
    ..

Thanks