Move from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Yay or Nay?

Luis de Bethencourt luis at debethencourt.com
Sun May 31 07:52:08 PDT 2015

On 30 May 2015 at 00:32, Luis de Bethencourt <luis at debethencourt.com> wrote:

> On 29 May 2015 22:57, "Tim-Philipp Müller" <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2015-05-29 at 21:31 +0100, Luis de Bethencourt wrote:
> >
> > Hi Luis,
> >
> > I don't think it's a matter of having a vote. A decision in favour of a
> > move has been made at the hackfest, as I remember it anyway ;)
>
> Cool. Wasn't sure and didn't wanted to assume.
>

> > The question is if anyone is going to put in the work to do the
> > migration (migrate over existing bugs/histories etc.), and if we can get
> > the phabricator instance moved to official fdo infrastructure.
> >
> > Thibault and Mathieu said they were going to work on this, maybe best to
> > ask them what the status is.
> >
> >  Cheers
> >   -Tim
>
> Thibault and Mathieu, how is this going? I can spend time at work on this
> migration. I think it is of importance.
>
> Let me know and we can plan this :)
>
> Thanks Tim,
> Luis
>

> > > Revisiting the conversation from the GStreamer Hackfest about
> > > potentially moving bug tracking and patch reviewing from Bugzilla to
> > > Phabricator; should we have a vote about this soon? What do people
> > > think?
> > >

> > > I have the feeling the situation needs to be fixed and a decision
> > > needs to be made. Yet till now it has been understandably
> > > procrastinated due to everybody being busy.
> > >

> > > To kickstart the decision making, I volunteer myself to take care of
> > > the transition between our current bug tracker to a new one, if that
> > > is what is decided. I am aware this won't be trivial and it will
> > > require a toolbox of scripts and some elbow grease, but I am happy to
> > > volunteer if this helps the community's operations.
> > >

> > > So how about it, what do you think are the pros and what are the cons?

Update:

Thibault, Mathieu and myself chatted about this and they got me up to speed
with the great work they've done so far. They are happy to let me join and
help them with the remaining migration to Phabricator. Together we will
make this happen.

Will let you guys know how it progresses.

Thanks!
Luis